Subject Re: [IBO] HDR w/o incremental search??
Author Svein Erling Tysvaer
At 17:11 16.10.2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Rationale: "Our clients like to be able to see everything." :)
>
>I have tried to get several major design deficiencies out of this app
>and the client has refused all suggestions. Ergo, not my problem any
>more.

Well done, Allen!

Returning 90000 records in a grid: Defeating c/s methodology, only
appropriate for single user desktop databases (not Firebird). Cost:
transfering data rather than information, wasting time for both computers
and users.

If your employer insists, he has to accept the consequences of his
stupidity and as you say, that is not your problem once you've tried to
talk him out of it!

Set