Subject [IBO] Re: GSG042. YES LIKE.
Author Marco Menardi
--- In IBObjects@y..., Geoff Worboys <geoff@t...> wrote:
> > Now I've tried YES CASE and YES TRAILING but they seem to have no
> > effect... urgh... this must be investigated...
>
> YESCASE and YESTRAILING were introduced to allow special
> contradiction of the TIB_Connection DefaultNoCase and
> DefaultNoTrailing properties.
>
> That is...

Fabolous, since I use DefaultNoTrailing properties of TIB_Connection true.
It has been a misunderstanding... since I've never set this property, when I had a brief read about it today I've read "NO TAILING (BLANKS)", so I thought it was related to tailing blanks a user could enter at the end of the search string!
No, it works as expected :))

Geoff, in addition to your Ehn components, why not write a Advanced User Guide? You are one of the expert here, and I'm sure you will earn a lot of money with it.
I'm writing a draft white paper with some of the problems/solution that I find IBO is magic to solve, and a lot of problems are in this list... if you are interested, let me know :)
regards
Marco Menardi