|Subject||Re: [IBO] IBO and BCB4 - Install Problems|
> >> Your new folder will cause problems with the 'packaged'I just have not had time to try the new builds yet - I'm
> >> projects - which may be why you had more trouble.
> I don't do packages a lot, at all, so I'm not sure what you mean here.
happy with the version I am using, and up-issuing is a major
When I get some spare time I'll check out.
> >> I found that if I was not in $(BCB)\Projects then the \Bpl and \LibI KNOW that the problem here will be that the default
> >> had problems. So the project files are tested on the basis
> >> of $(BCB)\Projects\IBO** ( and $(BCB)\Projects\IBO**\Inter
> >> for the .obj's )
> I have problems when inter is used - I get errors on the build of VRT with
> 14 'cannot find *.obj' messages. DOing away with the inter and putting the
> obj files into the source folder makes this problem go away.
Include or Library path will have been changed ( because of
the IDE bug! ) just can't check at moment.
> I shall have to bow to your superior knowlege on the matters of packagesGood, once you understand how things tick on YOUR setup it's
> etc, but at least I now have a working installation. I just tested it on the
> HELP.GDB database supplied with the new Firebird RC1.
not too bad. Ive got Builder3, 4 & 5 and Kylix all up in
parallel. Need I say more.
On updating Firebird - I think I'll follow Jason's example
and wait for the file lock niggle to be fixed - FB1 will be
my standard system, the Beta has proven VERY stable to date.
L.S.Caine Electronic Services