Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: No message for error code NNNNNN found
Author Helen Borrie
At 12:32 PM 8/06/2007, you wrote:
>I'm not running a server - fbserver.exe doesn't show up in my running
>processes.
>
>I only seem to have one version of firebird.msg (dated 3/2/07) that
>other apps are working fine with, e.g. FlameRobin. That same version
>of the file is in my application's working directory. Shouldn't that
>work?

From Firebird's POV it should. Check whether the create date on it
is the same as the create date on your (renamed) fbembed.dll. The
msg file is generated during the build process...

>Is there a method I can call to test it, or something like that?

No; but I do just wonder whether your .net provider layer might
somehow be pointing the application to load a client that's lurking
somewhere else, perhaps due to an overlooked configuration detail. I
don't use the .net driver myself at all but I seem to recall lots of
references to some property like "ServerType", which isn't a Firebird
attribute. This side of things begs a question in the
firebird-net-provider list (just as you would need to take such a
question to the firebird-java list if you were having similar
problems in a Jaybird environment...) I know you have already asked
a lot of questions there lately but I think you just have to keep
trying until you find the right question to ask.

Something like this is more than likely to be version-specific
somewhere around the houses so I do strongly recommend that you
supply the version numbers of everything you are using when you post questions.

./heLen