Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: running firebird without installing it
Author jesus martinez
Adam, thanks for taking time to answer me.
some comments:

- yes, i am targeting to win32 environment.
(server and clients)

- i cant use embedded version because many
clients will try to access the same data
(stored on the server)

- my "empty" tables will actually have more than
40.000 records

- you are right when you say that a service can
be running independently if a user is running
or not. but i need a version that can be
installed on two technologies (nt and w9x)

- my installer will be who changes the sysdba
password and create the new users

- do you mean that in my dev-machine i
make a backup of the database and simple
restore them into the new firebird servers ?

> Given your target appears to be win32, and the
> databases are going to
> have the same endian on these machines, I would
> simply restore a
> backup of your 'empty' structure.

could you give me an example of how to do
this pls ?

why not to send commands to create tables,
create indexes, create users, assign users and
make bulk-inserts of the data ?

- so, taking in mind that the embedded version
is not an option:

a) do i have access to the sourcecodes of the
installer ?
b) if not, does the installer have a silent-mode ?
c) if so, where can i learn about its parameters ?
d) is there any documentation about what must be
configured to let firebird to start ?
(required files, registry changes, configuration
files, etc) ?

thanks in advance for your help!
jesus

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.