Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: FB 1.5 Crash
Author Daniel Rail
Hi,

I'm assuming you are using Firebrid Superserver!

At March 3, 2004, 06:57, precari0 wrote:

> wrote:

>> What is the hardware configuration of your system?

> P4 2MHz, 512MB DDR, One 73GB SCSI disk.
> DB page size is 8KB with 8192 buffers.

>> How much space is available on the harddrive
>> where the temp files are located?

> About 60GB. :)

That is definitely enough.

>> Do you know what is the amount of available RAM when
> the error occurs?
>> Or, what is the amount of available RAM after startup
> and after a few hours of running your application?

> I will monitor that one and post the findings ASAP.

It will be most helpful to see how much memory FB has at its
disposable.

>> Do you have an idea what the server was doing when the error is
>> logged?

> No.
> Our system runs 24x7, with about 70 db connections during
> the day and 5 during the night. The error only happens
> during the day.
> Also, I can´t reproduce it in our lab. I´ve run it for
> about a week with 6 connections and it was perfect.
> May it be related to higher server loads?

You probably would have to test it for a week with 70 db connections,
in your lab. And, you might have to consider using FB Classic Server
and add more RAM(at least to bring it to 1GB, I don't know if FB CS
needs more when serving 70 db connections).

>> Is there a corresponding entry in the Windows events log?

> No. Nothing. Only firebird.log.

I feared as much.

--
Best regards,