Subject Re: [IB-Architect] FireBird Ashes project at SourceForge
Author Mark O'Donohue
Tim Uckun wrote:

> At 08:49 AM 8/4/00 +1000, you wrote:
>
> >Although SourceForge offer some fine facilities there are several
> >reasons why SourceForge may not be a suitable long term place for
> >Firebird (or insert name here) database (One of which is they are
> >a strong supporter of the MySQL database - although we could work
> >on that).

> I really don't think this is a big deal. Sourceforge hosts hundreds (if not
> thousands) of open source projects. I have full faith they don't play
> favorites.
>
> I do think it would take some effort to provide everything sourceforge does
> and clearly its the path of least resistance.
>
> Is this now the the "official" CVS for interbase? Will the patches applied
> to the MERS CVS be propagated here?

I agree it's not a big deal, and this becoming at least in the medium term the
focus of
developer effor is what Im hoping for, Rob said he wasn't to
hot on the CVS thing, and I think sourceforege has a lot of tools to support
that. Also
I think we needed a place people could start putting stuff back in.

I've sent a few email to Rob, and although I have got a lot from other people
supporting this
including some of those from "NewCo" but I havent heard back an answer from
him yet.

Apologies, if I've missed a post of his.

Regards

Mark