Subject Re: [IBO] TIB_Query...MaxRows...TIB_Grid...remote database
Author Helen Borrie
At 09:15 AM 25/02/2006, you wrote:
>Hi,
>I have DSL network connection, speed 512kbit/s download and 128kbit/s
>upload, Open VPN...
>I set MaxRows property (TIB_Query) on 100.
>When I attempt to get all rows from remote database I cant't get more
>than 100.That is ok! But I wish I cud get them all, slowley 100 by 100...
>How can I get them slowley scrolling on the grid scrollbar?

You could code it by requesting an ordered set and making use of
SQLWhereItems, grabbing the last key at each scroll, but it would be
horrendous. It doesn't make sense to try to get whole rows in static
chunks for a scrolling interface and it doesn't make sense to try to
maintain a scrolling interface over large sets, *especially* over a
phone line.

If you *must* do it, use the mechanism that pulls across just the
keys (FetchWholeRows set False) and implement a search mechanism, to
avoid clogging up the wire with volumes of data that the user isn't
interested in.

Please don't send tech questions to my private email unless I ask you
to, thanks.

Helen