Subject Re: TIB_Query...MaxRows...TIB_Grid...remote database
Author coderefectory
--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@...> wrote:

> At 09:15 AM 25/02/2006, you wrote:
> >Hi,
> >I have DSL network connection, speed 512kbit/s download and 128kbit/s
> >upload, Open VPN...
> >I set MaxRows property (TIB_Query) on 100.
> >When I attempt to get all rows from remote database I cant't get more
> >than 100.That is ok! But I wish I cud get them all, slowley 100 by
100...
> >How can I get them slowley scrolling on the grid scrollbar?
>
> You could code it by requesting an ordered set and making use of
> SQLWhereItems, grabbing the last key at each scroll, but it would be
> horrendous. It doesn't make sense to try to get whole rows in static
> chunks for a scrolling interface and it doesn't make sense to try to
> maintain a scrolling interface over large sets, *especially* over a
> phone line.
>
> If you *must* do it, use the mechanism that pulls across just the
> keys (FetchWholeRows set False) and implement a search mechanism, to
> avoid clogging up the wire with volumes of data that the user isn't
> interested in.
>
> Please don't send tech questions to my private email unless I ask you
> to, thanks.
>
> Helen

I'm very sorry for mailing on your private email.I do not do it
without your permission again.
I don't want to do something what doesn't have a sense, I just
wondering how to fetch the rows partial, because waiting to load all
2000-10000 rows through phone line is horrendous.I just dont't know
what is usualy practice.Could you explain me your practice please.