Subject Re: [IBO] OldParameterOrdering query not allowing OAT to advance
Author Helen Borrie
At 06:16 PM 7/09/2005 +0000, you wrote:
>We have noticed that the query to check the OldParameterOrdering
>causes the OAT to stop advancing under certain conditions. We have an
>Ibo_Connection and an Ibo_Query with AUTOCOMMIT and READONLY set to
>true (we only use this connection/query for ZipCode lookups). We can
>start and stop the program multiple times and the OAT does not
>advance. As soon as we change the Ibo_Connection.ParameterOrder from
>poAuto to poNew, the OAT advances as expected.
>
>We used Tib_Monitor to log the transactions and we see the START
>TRANSACTION associated with the query but never see a COMMIT or ROLLBACK.

This part of your question is easy to respond to. Queries don't
autocommit, transactions do. If the transaction is read-write, then the
datasets in it will not be writable; but the transaction itself will hold
back the OAT.

>Are we doing something wrong?

If you have set up the datasource to be read-only, the query never has
anything to commit, therefore no autocommit will ever occur unless some DML
is being posted from another dataset in the same transaction. Provide more
information about what is occurring inside that transaction.

Try to provide more information about what your transaction is doing.
******

Could you please answer *all* of the following questions:

1) Are you using TIB_Query or TIBOQuery?

2) Please provide EXACTLY which versions of each piece you are using:

a. Delphi - which version, edition and upgrade level. Get this from the
Help|About box in the IDE.
b. IBO - read the Version string from the IB_Connection in the Object
Inspector.
c. Database server: Brand (Firebird/IB) and build number
d. If any Fb 1.5 build, the setting in firebird.conf for OldParameterOrdering
e. Client library: Brand (Firebird/IB) and build number

Helen