Subject Re: [IBO] 'Native' vs. Tdataset Objects
Author Tony Masefield
Thanks Florian, you have convinced me to buy the "Getting Started
Guide" as a first objective. One doesn't always know what these
guides contain but if this one has the "What and where-fore" then it
seems a good option before jumping in feet first.

Regards,
Tony

--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, Florian Hector <FHector@w...>
wrote:
> > I raise these questions simply because:
> > I am wondering what type of learning curve I will have to go
through
> > by using the 'Core' and 'Native' components vs the TDataset ones
(I
> > am sure that the advantages are there and I would rather start
using
> > the more 'functional' components and sticking by them from 'day
1'
> > but are they as easy to use as TDataset?)
> > Secondly, I hope to ascertain the 'receptiveness' of these
> > components to other 3rd party components (e.g. data aware) which
> > would not appear to be a problem with the TIBDataset strain.
> >

> Tony,
>
> the best investment you can make in regard to IBO is the purchase
of the
> Getting Started Guide, around $30 at the IBO website of Jason
Wharton.