Subject RE: [IBO] Report Generator suggestion
Author Stuart Hunt
Roberto,
in my experience the best tool for reporting on InterBase using IBObjects
is Digital Metaphor's ReportBuilder product. It's very powerful, and has
a long history of development and an active community.
Stuart Hunt

-----Original Message-----
From: Roberto Freitas [mailto:solanofreitas@...]
Sent: Fri, 21 October 2005 12:21
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [IBO] Report Generator suggestion

Hi, I am working with IBO 4.5, FireBird 1.5 and Delphi 7 in multi users
client-server applications, and using Nevrona's Rave to generate
reports.
I've used Microsoft Access with SQL Server to similar tasks in the
past, and despite some problems with Access it's very easy to generate
very very powerful reports with these tools.
I've never used other tools with Delphi, except Rave.
I think Rave is a narrow tool, besides has some bugs (for instance,
after showing a report on screen, user can choose a page range to
print, but Rave always print all pages, despite user selection).
What's the best tool (free or not) for practic generation of powerful
no bug reports using Delphi 7 and IBO?
Thanks for advices.

This email and any files attached is intended for the addressee
only and may contain information that is confidential and/or
legally privileged. Unauthorised use is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, you should not
read, copy, disclose or otherwise use this message, including
any attachment, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee.

We make every effort to keep our network free from viruses.
However, you do need to verify this e-mail and any attachments
to it to be virus free as we can take no responsibility for any
computer virus which might be transferred by way of this e-mail.

Scanning of this message and addition of this footer is
performed by SurfControl E-mail Filter software in conjunction
with virus detection software.