Subject Re: [IBO] Invalid reference to delete
Author Helen Borrie
At 01:14 AM 28/01/2005 +0000, you wrote:

>Yes, the delete is the DeleteSQL property of the IBO_Query.
>
>Actually when I delete, the row does get deleted, however I get the
>message "Invalid reference to delete". The row stays visible until
>I refresh, and then it is gone.

OK, there is a neater way to do this.

1) erase your DeleteSQL; and
2) set the KeyRelation property to INVOICEITEMS.

Alternatively, change the parameter reference in the DeleteSQL statement so
that it is
DELETE FROM INVOICEITEMS
WHERE
IDNUM = :IDNUM

That's because the xxxxSQL properties are bound to the dataset. Provided
your KeyLinks are good, IBO itself will take care of binding the KeyLinks
from the dataset with the Key of the KeyRelation table at the right
time. I suspect it is your reference to OLD_IDNUM that is causing the
reference exception.

Helen