Subject Re: Invalid reference to delete
Author Rick Roen
Still no joy.

When I erase the DeleteSQL and set the KeyRelation to INVOICEITEMS,
I get "blank SQL statement not allowed".

When I try the "IDNUM = :IDNUM" in the DeleteSQL I still get the
same message: "Invalid reference to delete".

I have KeyRelation set to auto define and the KeyRelation property
left blank. Should something be here?

Rick

--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@t...> wrote:
> At 01:14 AM 28/01/2005 +0000, you wrote:
>

> >Yes, the delete is the DeleteSQL property of the IBO_Query.
> >
> >Actually when I delete, the row does get deleted, however I get
the
> >message "Invalid reference to delete". The row stays visible
until
> >I refresh, and then it is gone.
>
> OK, there is a neater way to do this.
>
> 1) erase your DeleteSQL; and
> 2) set the KeyRelation property to INVOICEITEMS.
>
> Alternatively, change the parameter reference in the DeleteSQL
statement so
> that it is
> DELETE FROM INVOICEITEMS
> WHERE
> IDNUM = :IDNUM
>
> That's because the xxxxSQL properties are bound to the dataset.
Provided
> your KeyLinks are good, IBO itself will take care of binding the
KeyLinks