Subject Re: problem with FB1.5 and external files
Author ashwiz_za
Hi there

Ok, I think I have found the problem. ...problem is mine, related to
ignorence... ...haven't read everything about FB 1.5 ...

There is a security risk regarding external files (obviously) and
this has been taken care of in FB 1.5 In the configuration file I
changed the "ExternalFileAccess = Full" setting and restarted FB
server. This allowed me to restore my database. Once restored I will
reconfigure security settings and external files.

I see there are security setting for both external files as well as
udf's (user defined functions).

Many thanx
Kind regards
Ashley