Subject Re: DMLCache and DMLCacheReceivedItem not fired
Author Marco Menardi <mmenaz@lycosmail.com>
Are you sure? I think you are talking about DMLCache for notify about
updates made by other uses. If you reqad the tech-sheet, you learn
that it works for "internal" updates also (or, mainly).
The tipical situation is that you update a table that is used in
lookups queries.
http://www.ibobjects.com/docs/ti_dmlcaching.ZIP
"Explore this notification system which you can activate to keep all
of the datasets synchronized throughout your application. Learn how to
extend the scope of DML Caching to synchronize the datasets of all
clients in your network so that, when one user executes DML, other
users receive the updates."
So, the basic use is "datasets synchronized *throughout your application*"
regards
Marco Menardi