Subject Re: [IBO] Poor South Africans
Author Helen Borrie (TeamIBO)
At 03:01 PM 18-03-02 +0200, you wrote:

>All I need right now is a stable data pump utility to migrate a 450000 /
>160mb paradox table without hanging the entire machine :(
>
>Campbell
>(from a very hot Durban!)

Campbell,
The route I'd go with that is to use Database Desktop to query out chunks
of this table into umpteen smaller ones, meticulously renaming answer.db
after each query. Normally I'd write a pretty simple program to do
that. Then you can use the pdox2ib tool to pump each table over to
Firebird; then merge the lot into one table using insert into mywholetable
(select * from anothertable). Don't set up indices at all until you are
finished; don't make pri keys on the "bitser" tables but do so on the
final destination table.

regards,
Helen Borrie (TeamIBO Support)

** Please don't email your support questions privately **
Ask on the list and everyone benefits
Don't forget the IB Objects online FAQ - link from any page at
www.ibobjects.com