Subject Re: [IBO] Embedded TIB_LookupCombo
Author Helen Borrie (TeamIBO)
At 02:17 PM 18-03-02 +0100, John Elliott wrote:
>Hi,
>
>you probably forgot to set KeyDescLinks. You will find more info about
>this property in the online help.
>
>HTH,
>Tom
>
>John Elliott wrote:
>
> > I am trying to embed a LookupCombo in a TIB_Grid. It will provide values
> > from a lookup dataset to insert in a column of the grid.
> > I believe I have KeySource and KeyLinks set correctly because if I
> place the
> > LookupCombo on the form it functions as it should and selecting a value
> from
> > the drop down list will insert the value in the correct grid cell. However,
> > if I place the Lookup on the grid it is not visible at runtime.
> >
> > Anyone have a suggestion?

Are you SURE it isn't visible at run-time? These lookups are only visible
when the parent dataset is in edit mode... Just try clicking into the
column that's linked to the lookup and the lkpcombo should appear like magic.

regards,
Helen Borrie (TeamIBO Support)

** Please don't email your support questions privately **
Ask on the list and everyone benefits
Don't forget the IB Objects online FAQ - link from any page at
www.ibobjects.com