Subject Re: [IBO] Cannot find 'Simple Replication Setup Utility'
Author Helen Borrie (TeamIBO)
At 12:42 PM 18-03-02 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi
>

>1) I cant find the demo that is used in the IB_RPL help file.
>What is its name - or must I download it from somwwhere ?

Er..umm....there *is* a demo project that was circulating amongst the beta
team last year, but it's out-of-date (I think) - not sure how far Jason has
gone with bringing it into line with subsequent changes he made to the
macro language, nor where to find it now, since we have been shuffling
stuff around three servers. But there is not much to it (as the basics
level) - you could easily use any database for experiments, e.g. the ones
in the Delphi or Firebird samples.

>2) I have 2 identical db's one empty and one with data. If I assign
>the tIB_RPL_Sync.IB_ConnectionSrc with dataDB and
>tIB_RPL_Sync.IB_Connection with emptyDB, and execute, I get no
>results. What other properties must I assign ? ( Assuming no special
>conditions, just making the one db identical to the other ).

It sounds as if you need to study the help file and see how to map the
source and target columns...

cheers,
Helen

regards,
Helen Borrie (TeamIBO Support)

** Please don't email your support questions privately **
Ask on the list and everyone benefits
Don't forget the IB Objects online FAQ - link from any page at
www.ibobjects.com