Subject RE: [IBO] Query opening timings
Author Kaputnik
Another thing to remember is, that IBO will issue several queries to the
metadata of your DB to get the requred, not-null and so on columns....
This is not an issue for smaller queries, but for more complex forms
with several queries open this can consume just a time, too.
IBO has the schema-cache, which can cache db-metadata locally and is
very usefull to speed up form-opening times. Just enter a
schemacache-directory in the edit in the TIB_Connection-editor, and
schemacahce is enabled (and disabled by emptying the edit)....
Basically, this is a very good mechanism as soon as your DB-metadata is
stable, and worthless if your db is still in development and
changing.....

CU, Nick