Subject Re: [IBO] Blob question
Author Lester Caine
> What is Obj ?

Now you are asking!

Translating FastReport IBO conversion I think I get

( TIB_Column Blob )->AssignTo( TObject Obj );

And going back up the chain, the TObject Obj is either TMemoryStream,
TGraphic or TStringList. I now have both Pictures and Memos working just by
removing the one .Position which leaves the contents of frAssignBlobTo as:-

procedure frAssignBlobTo(Blob: TfrTField; Obj: TObject);
begin
Blob.AssignTo(Obj);
end;

Where TfrTField has been defined as TIB_Column, and it works, so I assume
that the 'Obj' is already at the start when it is assigned, and adding

TStream(Obj).Position := 0; after the AssignTo is just not needed, and
probably came about because of an old problem with IBO?

I just wanted to understand what is going on so that I can get FastReport
fixed in it's IBO mode. I am finding that I can just use the TIB_Query and
print it without building a new TIBOQuery just for a report.

--
Lester Caine