Subject Re: [IBO] IBO advertising
Author Jason Wharton
For the record:

I didn't actually mean to imply anything about anyone who has written
technical review material.
I consider pencil pushers people that make catalogs and such. Not those who
actually have current experience and expertise and write about it. The
reason I want to clarify it is because I have the utmost respect for Arne.

Does anyone ever look at the book that comes with Delphi in the box that has
3rd party stuff in it?
How about Caz Cat (Zac Catalogs), Programmers Paradise and goofy stuff like
that?

Thanks,
Jason Wharton
CPS - Mesa AZ
http://www.ibobjects.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dietrich Schulten" <ibo@...>
To: <IBObjects@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2001 3:13 AM
Subject: Re: [IBO] IBO advertising

Jason,

"Jason Wharton" <jwharton@...> schrieb:

> It costs a lot of money to run advertisements and I sure don't want what
> little I get just going to pencil pushers that write little magazines
with
> cute pictures in them.

Just like Guido, I read about IBO in c't, a german (and dutch, I think)
computer magazine.

Arne Schäpers is one of those people you describe as "pencil-pushers",
although c't is no little magazine, if you judge by the pound ;-)

I think his article helped spreading IBO a lot. While you may have had
bad experiences, I'd say treat journalists courteously, the right article
at the right time can make a huge difference.

Maybe inform c't or especially Arne Schäpers (www.heise.de/ct) of major
new versions (e.g. IBO 4) and ask if they want to test it.

Regards,
Dietrich