Subject RE: [IBO] Dataset.ReadOnly
Author Nico Callewaert
I solved it like this :

procedure TCommOrder_Frm.IB_LookupCombo1DropDown(Sender: TObject);
begin
if Order_Comm.ReadOnly then
Abort
end;

Nico Callewaert

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: guido.klapperich@... [mailto:guido.klapperich@...]
Verzonden: dinsdag 10 april 2001 3:46
Aan: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Onderwerp: Re: [IBO] Dataset.ReadOnly

I will have a look into. I'm just wondering, that I'm the first one, who
doesn't like the behaviour of the IBO-Controls regarding
readonly-Datasets. I
don't think, it is a good idea, to show the user a list of items in a
IB_LookupCombo, when he doesn't have the possiblity to select one.

Guido.

Geoff Worboys wrote:

> > So it seems, that I have to write my own controls derived
> > from the IB-Standardcontrols. Any idea, what and where I
> > have to change the code, so that for example the IB_Edit
> > and the IB_LookupCombo will hide their buttons,
> > when the datasource is readonly ?
>
> IB_Edit (and therefore IB_Date) have their button defined in code in
> IBC_Edit.IMP.
>
> IB_LookupCombo uses a specially derived and embedded button component,
> defined in IBG_LookupCombo.IMP.
>
> You may need to ask Jason to make a few of the functions virtual or
> dynamic to allow the derivations you will want.
>
> Geoff Worboys
> Telesis Computing
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/