Subject Re: [IBO] More than one Lookup combo to one dataset
Author MT
Hi,
I'm begginers with Interbase could you explain me in practice with an example this solution? Thanks
Mark

----- Original Message -----
From: Christian Mautendorfer
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2001 2:46 PM
Subject: Re: [IBO] More than one Lookup combo to one dataset

Hi,

well the method I generally use in cases like this is to do it with a
normal TIB_ComboBox.
I get the Data once and then either fill all the Comboboxes or Cache it
somewhere and fill as needed.

Then I put my surrogate key into the ItemValues and my Display Values into
Items.
Then I change the Style to csDropDownList, connect to the relevant IBO
field and I'm done.

If all the surrogate keys have the same name in the database or are always
the first field (field 0)
then it's easy to write a procedure that you just give a Dataset and a
Combobox and it extracts the
correct values automatically and put them in the Items and ItemValues for you.