Subject Re: [IBO] Big Batch...
Author Admin
Jason -

I must apologize to you. I have two different threads here - one each
for two different applications that I am working on. One is a databased
web page storage, cataloging & retrieval system. I also use this app to
store and catalogue web graphics. This is the app I'm writing about
concerning the Blob Insert Woes...

Here the problem is the conversion error from string'''' 334 error
every time my code inserts or appends a record to the TIBOTable.

The other app(thread) concerns a stock selector app that I am writing
to screen stocks based on various criteria. This app downloads multiple
exchange stock symbol lists in separate threads simultaneously, then
parses the data out into TStringLists in preparation for inserting into
the database. Once in the database I use the symbols to build URL's to
is parsed & screened to select stocks based on various criteria for
investment potential. This is the Big Batch... thread.

Here the problem is the performance issue with getting the 14k+ symbols
into the database quickly in preparation for retrieving quote data.

Once again, I apologize for the confusion I caused and thank you
sincerely for your assistance with these matters.

Now if I could only figure out how to make some money with these apps...

David Keith