Subject AW: [IBO] Help on stored procedures/trigger
Author Ingo Jansen
Hello Tia,

when (Insert, edit, ...?) you must calculate the value of the last 3
numbers and how?

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Marc Leclerc [mailto:mlpgr@...]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 14. Marz 2001 04:34
An: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Betreff: [IBO] Help on stored procedures/trigger

Hi,
I am not very well versed in stored procedure / trigger and wondering if
someone could give me pointer on how to create the following.

I have a field made like A00-00-000 where the 3 last number must be
calcualted by the server before posting so the user enter A00-00- and I have
to come up with the last XXX. I had this made on the client side before but
I consider that the server should do this either by using a trigger or SP
(My guess is a trigger may be the best place). In any case if anyone could
give me pointers I would appreciate.

TIA

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Click Here to Find Software Faster