Subject Re: [IBO] EditEnh and decimal separator problem
Author mmenaz@lycosmail.com
--- In IBObjects@y..., "Geoff Worboys" <geoff@t...> wrote:

> What if I add a new element to the EditEnh.Options property which
> turns the translation on in the base class. I could default this to
> true but have it only operate when EditMaskMode = eemNumeric.
>
> Option element name: eeoInputDecimalTrans ?

Personally, I don't like options proliferation when not really
necessary. I think that, since it will operate when EditMaskMode =
eemNumeric, if it's the component behaviour it will never (ok, 0.009%
times it could) hurt. So I don't think you need one more (obscure?)
option to your already rich component. Who will not like having the
"." on the numeric keyboard work properly? Who will prefer a "beep
error" instead? We must try to be "user's goal" addressed :)
(btw, have a look at www.cooper.com, he has changed my life as
programmer).
I really thank you for adding such fix :)
Marco Menadi