Subject Re: [IBO] Connecting to Remote Host
Author Daniel Rail
At 19/12/2001 03:48 PM, you wrote:
>I need to get info from the user and then connect to the remote server.
>I hard coded appropriate info and it will not connect to the server.
>Here is what I have:
> fIBDatabase.Connected := FALSE;
> fIBDatabase.Server := '207.51.93.51';
> fIBDatabase.DatabaseName := 'Employee';
> fIBDatabase.Protocol := cpTCP_IP;
> fIBDatabase.Database := '\Program Files\common Files\borland
>shared\data\employee.gdb';
> fIBDatabase.Path := '\Program Files\common Files\borland
>shared\data\employee.gdb';
> fIBDatabase.Password := 'masterkey';
> fIBDatabase.Connected := TRUE;
>This give an error on the Connected := TRUE line
>ISC Error Code 335544375
>ISC ERROR MESSAGE: unavailable database
>
>I am in Delphi 5, using IBO 4.2.Fn on Interbase 6 Open Source
>
>Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong here?

First of all, the path should contain the drive letter:

fIBDatabase.Path := 'C:\Program Files\common Files\borland
shared\data\employee.gdb';

Also, I don't define DatabaseName and Database.

I use IB Objects to connect over the internet in one of my applications
that I develop.

Hope this helps.

Daniel Rail
Senior System Engineer