Subject RE: [IB-Conversions] How to do basic Oracle-to-FB conversion
Author Paul Morris
PL/SQL developer from allround automations
http://www.allroundautomations.nl/index.html has facilities for
exporting both DDL and data from oracle databases. The data can be
exported as insert statements, which should work unchanged against
firebird. The DDl will however require some tweaking, see below for some
of the major differences:

Table Definitions
-----------------
� Change VARCHAR2 to VARCHAR
� Change NUMBER(n,[n]) to NUMERIC(n,[n])
� Change NUMBER to FLOAT
� Change CLOB to either BLOB or VARCHAR (maximum size for VARCHAR
is 32k)
� Delete TABLESPACE clause
� Delete STORAGE clause
� Ensure all columns appearing as PRIMARY KEY or UNIQUE
constraints have NOT NULL constraint.
� Remove any schema qualification from table names (e.g.
IBERIS.ACKCODES becomes ACKCODES)
� Change any table or column names that are Interbase reserved
words:
� Remove any table or column COMMENT ON definitions;
� Use ; instead of / to execute script.

Sequences
---------
These are known as generators under Interbase:
CREATE GENERATOR .....
GEN_ID(generator_name,n) - this increments generator_name by n and
returns the new value;
The following SQL will create a script to create a generator for every
primary key
select DISTINCT 'CREATE GENERATOR '||RTRIM(i.rdb$field_name)||'_SEQ;;'
from rdb$relation_constraints RC,
rdb$index_segments i
where rc.rdb$index_name = i.rdb$index_name
and rc.rdb$relation_name not like 'RDB%'
and rc.rdb$constraint_TYPE = 'PRIMARY KEY';

Triggers
--------
Remove OR REPLACE from definition
Trigger definition format changes from

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER <trigger_name>
BEFORE INSERT ON <table name> FOR EACH ROW
CREATE TRIGGER <trigger_name> FOR <table_name>
BEFORE INSERT AS
Change :OLD and :NEW to OLD and NEW respectively.

Hope this helps

Paul