Subject Re: [IB-Conversions] Re: PDOXPUMP
Author Helen Borrie
At 06:52 PM 30/01/2003 +0000, Wayne Elmore wrote:
>--- In IB-Conversions@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@t...>
>wrote:
>
>Went to IBPhoenix.com and searched for the IB 6.0 beta Migration
>Guide but could not find it. Will be glad to download and study if I
>could locate it.

Yup, it seems to have gone AWOL. I'll inquire about and see if it can be
restored to the IB6 download area.

> > It sounds as if you could do with the Language Reference and the Data
>Definition Guide as well. :-)
>
>And point me to those documents and I'll be glad to study them also.

Go here and scroll down to the bottom of the page:
http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&page=ibp_download

>Helen, I realize you have clients to take care of and I appreciate
>the time you have taken to figure a solution to my problem. My
>migration of data to Firebird is under no time contraints yet so
>whenever a fix or response is approprite for you is fine with me.

I tracked back through your description and it looked as if you might have
been trying to put the cart before the horse. You shouldn't check the "Do
Datapump" button until you have finished your script and have run it
successfully to create the database objects.

You can do the database definition phase in multiple hops if you need
to. There is a facility in the tool to save the defs you have so far and
to reinstate them next time you visit the tool to continue with building
the DDL. Finally, when you are ready to do the datapumping, you need to
have the complete saved defs in memory and the matching destination
metadata in place.

Still, I might have misinterpreted your description.

As for the variant errors, it would help if you would provide the Paradox
definition of the table that is throwing them. You can get this with the
Database Desktop, do Tools>Info>Structure and save the output as
structure.db or something similar. We are assuming it is Paradox
timestamps that are causing it; but it could, for example, be a mismapping
of a numeric type.

I suppose it's timely to ask whether you have any memo fields involved, too.

cheers,
Helen