Subject Re: PDOXPUMP
Author hwelmore2002 <hwelmore@kimbanet.com>
--- In IB-Conversions@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@t...>
wrote:
> At 06:52 PM 30/01/2003 +0000, Wayne Elmore wrote:
> >--- In IB-Conversions@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@t...>
> >wrote:
> >
> >Went to IBPhoenix.com and searched for the IB 6.0 beta Migration
> >Guide but could not find it. Will be glad to download and study if
> >could locate it.
>
> Yup, it seems to have gone AWOL. I'll inquire about and see if it
can be
> restored to the IB6 download area.

Thanks, keep me informed.

I've downloaded the Language Reference and the Data Definition Guide
you recommended.

> I tracked back through your description and it looked as if you
might have
> been trying to put the cart before the horse. You shouldn't check
the "Do
> Datapump" button until you have finished your script and have run
it
> successfully to create the database objects.
>
> You can do the database definition phase in multiple hops if you
need
> to. There is a facility in the tool to save the defs you have so
far and
> to reinstate them next time you visit the tool to continue with
building
> the DDL. Finally, when you are ready to do the datapumping, you
need to
> have the complete saved defs in memory and the matching destination
> metadata in place.

If I don't check Do Datapump prior to creating the script, the
two .txt files, PumpList and TableList are not created. The DataPump
Icon is Inactive even after checking Do DataPump. There is no Icon
showing to save the definitions as far as I can see so how does one
save the definitions?

> As for the variant errors, it would help if you would provide the
Paradox
> definition of the table that is throwing them. You can get this
with the
> Database Desktop, do Tools>Info>Structure and save the output as
> structure.db or something similar. We are assuming it is Paradox
> timestamps that are causing it; but it could, for example, be a
mismapping
> of a numeric type.

I've created the table. Where do you want me to send it?

> I suppose it's timely to ask whether you have any memo fields
involved, too.

No memo fields in this particular table I'm experimenting with.

Thanks
Wayne