Subject Re: End User Installation FB 2.1
Author homerjones1941
Since there have been no replies to this question, I'll try to shorten it up.

We are creating an Inno Setup install program for a delphi application. The Inno Setup program will also install Firebird 2.1, when needed. The installation program will read the Windows registry to see if Firebird has been installed and, if so, which version.

If the correct version of Firebird exists, can we just alter Aliases.conf to include our DB in addition to whatever is already there?

If a different version of Firebird exists, I don't know how we should create an additional server. I understand we can have multiple instances, but don't know how to do it.

If Firebird doesn't exist, then we plan to install and launch the Firebird install, using command line arguments to help control the installation.

It seems that in an earlier thread, someone mentioned the need to change ports if Firebrid was already there. Is that necessary?