Subject Re: 1.5.3 NONE -> 2.5 UNICODE_FSS
Author martin.agren
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Philippe Makowski <makowski@...> wrote:

> 2011/4/7 martin.agren <martin.agren@...>
>
> > --- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Philippe Makowski <makowski@>
> > wrote:
> >

> > > 2011/4/6 martin.agren <martin.agren@>
> >
> > > did you try fbclone ?
> > > http://code.google.com/p/fbclone/
> > >

> > I touched at it, but documentation was so sparse I couldnt even start using
> > it.
> >
> > it is the tool for what you want to do
> and better use UTF-8 than UNICODE_FSS
>
> see
> http://code.google.com/p/fbclone/wiki/ConvertBadEncodedFirebirdDatabases
> and look the code
> and do fbclone -h
> it is so simple to use

FBClone worked like charm, once I found the -h switch :D
Everything is migrated to 2.5 now. Remaining are the UDF's which crash the server when called. The udf's i touched on so far could be moved to PSQL thanks to the new internal functions, but I have still some handfull functions to go thru. Also remaining is the client app (BDS2006) which must get used to the new character set. I will test with a upgraded dbxpress driver, hopefully it will do the trick.

Many thanks to all you helpful people for your input!

/M