Subject Re: [firebird-support] incremental search ?
Author Kjell Rilbe
Den 2011-04-08 09:44 skrev Svein Erling Tysvær såhär:
> Though generally, try to encourage your users to type
> what they search for rather than to scroll down a list, it takes me
> under a second to type Sergio, whereas scrolling through 20 names that
> start with Ser will be more time consuming.

For our system (where we intend to implement incr.srch) it's not just a
conveience for the user. It's also a very important part of the quality
control of the system. We collect info about companies via
telemarketing, i.e. our people call up the IT manager of a large company
and asks questions e.g. about what financial system thay use.

When our people type in the reply, it's important that they get spelling
and casing right, and considering there are hundreds, if not thousands,
of different system names to remember, it's not realistic to expect our
users to even KNOW how to spell the system's name, let alon do it right
every time they type it.

So, the incr search for us, is a way to get our users to spell the same
system name the same way every time, reducing our cost of post data
entry quality work.

Kjell
--
Kjell Rilbe