Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firebird database cannot get it online
Author Tony Christiansen
Hi Norman

Appreciate your input.

I attempted to shutdown the database with the command in IBExpert. It
hung so I had to abort the process.

FB was and is running (I have 8 applications running on the server so
could not shut it down but will do tonight).

This was a scare as the database is toast but I hope the FB restart will
resolve it.

Meanwhile I copied the database file (hate doing that) and validated
that copy for the client to continue working on. (Had that failed I
would have resorted to backup.

Regards
Tony