Subject Re: is Firebird the good or wrong choice ?
Author svanderclock
Dear Alex,

yes, i agree with you, when our database was not very large (<10go), everything work without lot of problem (except time to time for exemple 100% CPU usage for infinite time that we resolve ourself by increasing the selectivity of one of one our index.. i thing this was also after resolved in next release of firebird)

but now that our database become to be in medium state (> 30 GO, + 10 000 000 queries every days), it's a disaster :( a nightmare ...

Thanks to vlad, he discovered that using the monitoring table is one raison of one bug (lock error), but unfortunatly it's seam not answer all the other bug (index corrupted for exemple) ... so it's seam that we are facing now not only one single bug but more ... we was thinking the head is just under the water but finally we discover that we are more deeply under the water :(

thanks for you support alex
stephane