Subject Re: [firebird-support] ackup restore problem
Author Lester Caine
mauleen2001 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having a firebird V2.1, Visual studio 2005. I had a backup using backup object of firebird but When I tried to restore it gives me a error and restore does not done successfully.
>
> My backup and restore procedure as follows.
>
> Backup
> Restore
>
> Can any body tell me what I am doing wrong?

Without knowing what the error message is - not really.
Are you restoring to a new file name? You can only restore OVER the existing
file if you set the 'overwrite' flag.
If there is a problem IN the database it can prevent the backup from being usable.

If you do not have it yet, get a copy of FlameRobin and check your database with
that. You can restore your existing backup to a new location and it will give
you a few more pointers on what the problem is ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL