Subject Re: [firebird-support] Does Firebird support deferred constraints?
Author Helen Borrie
At 11:36 PM 25/01/2009, you wrote:

>Given the fact that Firebird tries to be ANSI compliant as much as
>possible, it's hard to believe that deferred constraints are not
>supported (which are defined in SQL92 to my knowledge)

SQLnn-compliant does not mean that the language contains everything that is described in the standards, other than the Level 1 base set. It means that *if a feature is implemented* then it is implemented according to the standard.

What's more, standards change from version to version...so SQLnn-compliant does not always mean SQKnn+x compliant. ;-)

./heLen