Subject Re: "can't format message 12:169 -- message system code -6"
Author Eduardo A. Salgado
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Gabor Boros <gaborboros@...>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> "can't format message..." means you have problem with firebird.msg
> Please read: http://www.firebirdfaq.org/faq288

Gabor,

Thanks for that input. I should have been clearer.

We are using FB 1.5 and I did check the date and time and version of
the firebird.msg. It is the same for all files.

We then renamed the old firebird.msg and copied another firebird.msg
from another server to the server in question.

Then tried again and still get the same message.

We cannot reboot the server ourselves (as it services customers from
coast to coast) but have requested them to do so.

Maybe that will "clear its mind" and we can go back to normal.

Now, after all that, what can cause this error? How about a series
of I/O error 10054? They had some of those in the log and, although
they are Windows errors, they are recorded in the firebird log file.

-Eduardo