Subject Re: insert into with primary key
Author alfredlanger35
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Tonies"
<m.tonies@...> wrote:

> >> But you yourself created table "employee_2008_11", didn't you?
> >> How did you create it?
> >
> > I created employee_2008 for myself.
>
> So the answer is YES. Now, did you create this table
> WITH THE PRIMARY KEY INFORMATION?
>
> > The insert command should create the employee_2008_11.
>
> "should create"? No it shouldn't, not in Firebird SQL.

After Dimitry's advice I analyse my thinking and

1) I find the google information
- the author says it will work with some database
2) My admin tool makes a copy of the table and let my
believe that there will be a command by the database.
It's the first time in my life, that a tool has a greater
functionality than the database.

Thanks for your patience.

With kind regards
Alfred Langer