Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: "Mysterious" data loss
Author Ann W. Harrison
kjuib999 wrote:

> I checked the generators on the 2 databases I have and it seems that
> the generators have been set back (The generators correspond the ID of
> the last record)
> If that is the case... how could a firebird act just fine until the
> connection is lost... wouldn't there be write issues?

I haven't kept track of what operating system you're using, but on
some OS's, it's possible to replace a file while it's open. Access
continues to the old file until it is closed. The next time the
file is opened, you get the replacement version.

If your generators are being set back, then it's not a transaction
problem. It's almost certainly the file system doing you a favor.

Regards,

Ann