Subject Re: Another "connection forcibly closed by the remote host" problem
Author Scott Moon
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Dimitry Sibiryakov" <SD@...>
wrote:
> But I wonder in general: you have Win2003 on VM on Linux. Why not
> install FB to Linux directly? It could gain speed...
>
> --
> SY, Dimitry Sibiryakov.

The city is in the midst of the dreaded server consolidation routine
and using VMWare to accomplish it. I'm not that crazy about the setup
because I don't have direct access of any kind to anything beneath the
hosted OS (Win2K3) level. All of the city's servers are hosted at a
central control center. I don't know if city policy will let me run
FB under the VMWare radar or not, but I'll check into it.

Scott