Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Another "connection forcibly closed by the remote host" problem
Author Helen Borrie
At 12:09 AM 28/06/2006, Scott Moon wrote:

>The DummyPacketInterval setting was the first thing we looked into a
>month ago, but when I saw the big glaring warnings in the .conf file
>and the release notes I shrugged it off. Maybe the main documentation
>needs to be updated to reflect that the bug is fixed. When I saw the
>warning in both files, it didn't occur to me to look for it in the
>bugs fixed list.

It's not a Firebird bug but a Windows one. So use DPI at your own
peril. When next you post a message with the subject: "Unexplained
server crash", or "Dead connections don't go away", don't forget to
mention that you applied this workaround to avoid researching the
actual reason that the socket keepalive function is timing out early
in your environment....

./heLen