Subject Re: [firebird-support] Interclient startup problem
Author Helen Borrie
At 12:18 AM 28/06/2006, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm getting an error when I install the firebird interclient and try
>to start it: the system says that I have not permissions to install
>it as service. Still thus the service is shown in the list of
>installed services and when I try to start it other error is shown
>saying "The service cannot be started".
>
>I already try exhaustingly very solutions, but nothing decide my
>problem. The interesting is the service was working well, and,
>suddenly, it stop.
>
>The interclient version is 2.01. I'm in Windows 2000 Server.
>Please help-me.

Deja vue. You already posted this question before. Nothing has
changed. There is no Firebird Interclient. If anything, you are
trying to use the old Interbase alpha interclient from the Borland
source code release of 2000. It was never developed by Firebird and
could not be expected to work.

The Firebird Java client is Jaybird. Subscribe to the Firebird-java
list for help with that.

^ heLen