Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Another "connection forcibly closed by the remote host" problem
Author Scott Moon
Yep. No problems with Win2000 - only the combinations mentioned previously.
The one thing we haven't been able to try yet is turning off
Hyper-threading. The machine that hosts our production database also hosts a
CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch) system for the fire department, making it
difficult to find an acceptable time to take that system down. We are moving
our administrative DBs to an independent server the 2nd week of July, so we
may be able to experiment with the HT settings then.

We have added a keep-alive algorithm to our in house applications, and that
is working for them. Our big problem now is with our warehouse inventory
management system, which is a COTS package for which we can't manage the
code.

Thanks,
Scott