Subject Re: Another "connection forcibly closed by the remote host" problem
Author Glebas
--- "Scott Moon" <smoon63@...> wrote:

> Yep. No problems with Win2000 - only the combinations mentioned
> previously. The one thing we haven't been able to try yet is
> turning off Hyper-threading. The machine that hosts our production
> database also hosts a CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch) system for the
> fire department, making it difficult to find an acceptable time to
> take that system down. We are moving our administrative DBs to an
> independent server the 2nd week of July, so we may be able to
> experiment with the HT settings then.

I don't think this will help. You have already done a lot to narrow
it down. Maybe just make a report to firebird-devel group so that
they know something went wrong in 1.5.2 and it is reproducable.

> We have added a keep-alive algorithm to our in house applications,
> and that is working for them. Our big problem now is with our
> warehouse inventory management system, which is a COTS package
> for which we can't manage the code.

Even if it is COTS package, this is people who made it :), isn't it
possible to ask them to add few lines of code to their package?

I have written inventory systems and the whole thing is not so
complicated, so adding inactivity quit is a matter of 15 minutes. :)

Regards,
Glebas

> Thanks,
> Scott
>
> On 6/24/06, Glebas <glebasp@...> wrote:
> >
> > Scott,
> >

> > > Conclusion to this point: Something in the combination of FB
> > > v1.5.3 + Xeon + Win2003 + VMWare is causing this. Since Xeon,
> > > Win2003 and VMWare were all present during the successful 1.0.3
> > > test, that points to something in v1.5.2 forward.
> >
> > From my experience: -VMWare - Xeon
> >
> > v1.5.3 + Win2003 is just enough to make this happen.
> >
> > I have completely solved this problem by making client
application