Subject Re: Get the number of opened connection
Author Adam
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "m_b_ribeiro"
<m_b_ribeiro@...> wrote:

> Hi, is there a way to retrieve the number of opened connection in
> firebird ? Not for just one client, if is there a client or an API
> call to inform that I will be glad.

The problem with an API call in the case of classic is which instance
of the engine should respond? If you use classic, you could I suppose
count the number if fb_inet_server instances (subtract 1 on windows).
There may well be a way to do it through an API call in Superserver.

Of course, backups etc make database connections, and the counts will
include connections to databases that may be of no interest to you, so
such a function maintained by the engine would have very limited
benefit (It could help with tracing load on a server, but not much more).

Adam