Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: At my wits end
Author David Johnson
I am not familiar with the VB environment directly, but one of our VB programmers at work regularly recompiles his projects into DLL's, so I am sure it is straightforward.
----- Original Message -----
From: Epstein, Ed
To: 'firebird-support@yahoogroups.com'
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 9:51 AM
Subject: RE: [firebird-support] Re: At my wits end

>>This is a place where a stored procedure may make sense. Write the parser
into a DLL and then call it from a stored procedure. This minimizes the
chitchat between the server and your application, and brings everything itno
a place where it can be used optimally. Ann or Helen could tell you better
how robust the Firebird/Interbase stored procedure system is ... but I
suspect that it will support multiple concurrent requests nicely in the
superserver architecture.>>

The parser dll idea sounds good. However, I beleive that it would have to
be written in C if I am not mistaken. Not exactly where my skills lie, and
I don't know if I can invest the time to do it.