Subject Re: [firebird-support] IB_SQL and "FDB" File Extensions.
Author Lester Caine
barfingdog2004 wrote:

> Hi again:
>
> Thanks to the kind folks in this group I'm building
> my first simple test Firebird database.
>
> I'd like to use IBObjects' free IB_SQL to look at
> the database I'm building, but it seems to be
> looking for database files with the extension "GDB",
> and ignore files with the extension of "FDB", which
> Firebird's release notes recommend as an extension.

Just change the letter, IB_SQL will remember.

> I don't want to bore you all with off topic
> discussion. Where do I go to ask questions about,
> bitch about, and learn to love, Yahoo Groups? The
> first question being, what is the reason Firebird
> choose to use Yahoo groups instead of a Usenet
> Newsgroup?

Because a lot of use would not talk to you :)
Yahoo have messed up what was a very nice service, but by
using only text messages, most of the Yahoo problems can be
ignored, and the list still works nicely. There is also the
newgroup mirror, but I've never had the urge to use it ;)

--
Lester Caine