Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: External Tables with Indexes
Author Helen Borrie
At 06:27 PM 4/09/2003 +0000, you wrote:

> > why not move these old rows to a history table inside the database?
>
>Well... the reason is for time of transfer....
>
>We have an application based in AstaTech using Delphi, so, the 2 DB's
>propose don't work for us... and each time that our clients have a
>problem with the application we need that they send to us them
>DataBase to can solve the problem...
>
>So, if the DB is big, the time of transfer has become very long...and
>we can't connect directly to their DB because they have an Intranet
>and we dont have access, so the only way to can assist them is
>sending the DB by e-mail... They makes a GBK and send it to us, but
>even GBK size is very large cause the historic table...
>
>Any suggest??

Yes - see Olivier Mascia's response to your posting - separate
database. You just need to add another database object to your Delphi
application and connect to it in run-time if and when required - assuming
you are using proper IB connectivity and not a single-transaction method
such as BDE or DBXpress.

heLen